Originally scheduled to be hosted Sunday March 16th our South Coromandel Adventure was postponed through to Sunday March the 23rd. This due to incoming Cyclone Lusi which was forecast nationwide to cast her tendrils down upon the North Island. The country braced itself for severe winds and flooding.
* The heaviest heaviest rainfall was forecasted for the Coromandel Peninsula and western Bay of Plenty, where 120 to 150mm could accumulate about the ranges during Saturday and into Sunday morning.
* Slips and downed trees have worsened problems, police say. Thames Township and residents further up the highway will not be able to leave or enter the area until the tide subsides and damage is repaired. The Coromandel Peninsula is protecting Auckland from the rain, but will actually help boost wind speed later, WeatherWatch's Philip Duncan says.
Our 23rd March South Coromandel Adventure takes on a NEW format to that of last season with the inclusion of some gorgeous local farming properties. We are treated to some magical scenery and freshwater streambeds are 'On Tap'. Our journey follows higher up into hills as we weave our way alongside flowing riverbeds that harbour beautiful native flora and fauna. Immensely enjoyed by our attendees.
FUTURE BIG BIKE ADVENTURES
Saturday 31st May and Sunday 01st June 2014
2 DAYS OF Adventure
Central North Island based
* Will include Private Forestry
* Ride Terrain Gravel/Forestry Gravel Roads/Seal
This ride is suitable for all sizes of Dual purpose bikes. Bring your BMW 800,1200gs, Kawasaki Versys 1000, Suzuki DL1000, Honda Crosstourer, Triumph Explorer, 800XC, Bonneville, Yamaha Super Tenere or XT 250.
ALL BIKES WELCOME. No good sitting in the garage get out there and use it, come ride with us.
As long as you can competently ride your motorcycle on forestry and gravel roads you will have fun as there are big km’s of this type of riding on offer for the 2 days of the ride.
Sue will lead riders that wish to take in more of the sights along the way at a more sedate pace. "LIMITED" Overnight accommodation at a character hotel
Ride Package will include:
* One night twin share accommodation
(Single room additional - accommodation First in First Served)
* Saturday night group dining
* Sunday morning breakfast
Our 2014 intake is FULL
Trans American Trail